Hatha – Yoga
New term of classes
On the 20th of April 2020 a new block of classes is starting. (April – June)
- The price for one 90-min session is 240.- Kč. This block contains on Mondays and Tuesdays 11 and on Thursdays 10 lessons and costs 2640.- (Thursdays 2400.-) Kč.
- The exact timetable can be found at “schedule and fees”.
- The following block will start on the 1rst of September 2020.
The classes on Thursdays take place from September 2019 in the studio ELEMENT, Opletalova 24.
You can sign up via the contact form, email or SMS.
Full-day workshops 2019/20: “The wisdom from the Katha Upanishads”
Timeless philosophy as a support for the yoga practice and everyday life
Our daily lives are usually filled with so many activities and responsibilities, and our senses are bombarded almost all the time with so many different impressions. Therefore we are often preoccupied and very rarely find time or space to ask ourselves what really matters to us in life, what we want to spend our energy on and what is actually the source of our existence. But without being connected to this source, we find ourselves repeatedly in states of time pressure, stress, exhaustion or depression. A feeling of happiness may occur only occasionally for a short time and seems to be very fragile because it is dependent on external conditions that are variable and which we ourselves cannot usually influence. The philosophy of the Katha Upanishads shows us a completely different perspective. Our innermost essence is independent of all changing circumstances. Qualities like freedom, peace, joy and love are part of our being, and if we discover them within ourselves, we will be able to find them also in the changing outside world again.
In the story of the Katha Upanishads the young hero Nachiketa travels, after a serious quarrel with his father, directly to the kingdom of death, to meet Yama, the king of death. Nachiketa wants him to answer his questions urgently regarding the sense of life and what exists after death. In a very beautiful and poetic dialogue, Yama answers and sheds light on all important existential questions. Each workshop will focus on one selected topic from the original text. We will work with various yoga asanas, pranayama, sensory perception and meditation to gain experiences that go further than just intellectual understanding. This process can support us on the yoga path, helping to develop a deeper understanding of ourselves and of others, so that we can feel more connected with the world we are living in, as it is.
The 2019/20 cycle includes 5 full-day workshops. They can be attended separately or as a package; each of them includes body and breathing exercises, relaxation as well as meditation.
- 5. October 2019: How to recognize the pleasant from the good
- 30. November 2019: The parable of the coachman
- 25. January 2020: The town with eleven gates
- 21. March 2020: The seeds of Samskaras
- 23. May 2020: The symbol of the Ashvata tree
All students are welcome, from beginners to more advanced. The class is taught in Czech and/or English, depending on the needs of the participants.
- All workshops take place in the studio ELEMENT, Opletalova 27 (in the courtyard), Prague 1, always from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Morning and afternoon sessions will take 2.5 hours each and there will be a lunch break in between.
- Cost: 950.- Kč for an individual workshop, and 4250.- Kč for the whole package.
- Teachers: Katrin Köhler a Steffen Böhme. Steffen is an experienced yoga teacher from Dresden/Germany. He teaches mainly at the Yoga School in Dresden, also in yoga teacher training courses.
- Further information or registration via e-mail or SMS +420 603 360 554.
Intensive summer week 2020 on the concept of the “Vayus”
Whenever we practice yoga, walk, talk or work, we need energy to be able to do that. Also all internal processes like digesting food, remembering, recognizing or feeling various emotions are only possible because there is energy available for it. In yoga, this energy is called “prana” and it regulates all living processes, not just within ourselves, but also in the outside world. Without prana no life is possible. In the human body, prana is divided into the five inner vayus (energy flows). Each of them fullfills separate functions and works in a different area of the body.
In this intensive course, we will explore these five vayus with the help of asanas, breathing exercises and meditation. In this way, we can directly experience their influence on us.
Each evening we will work with a different energy and observe how it affects our body, breathing and also our inner state. With the help of bandhas (closures) we can learn to stimulate or to calm and to direct the vayus. That will support us in finding more balance and harmony not just in our yoga practice on the mat, but also in our daily lives.
The class is taught in Czech and/or English, depending on the needs of the participants.
- Monday, 24.8. – Friday, 28.8. 2020, 19.00 – 21.30 h, Studio ELEMENT, Opletalova 27, Prague 1.
- Cost: 2100,- Kč