Hatha – Yoga
At the moment the following classes are taking place:
- Tuesdays, 10:00 and 18:15 h
- Thursdays, 18:15 and 20:00 h
All classes take place in the studio ELEMENT, Opletalova 27, Prague 1.
The lessons can be taken separately. The number of practitioners is limited, so please book a place in advance via SMS or email.
New term of classes
On Tuesday, 1rst of September 2020 a new block of classes will start. (September – December)
- The price for one 90-min session is 250.- Kč. This block contains on Mondays and Thursdays 14, on Tuesdays 15 lessons and costs 3500.- (on Tuesdays 3750.-) Kč.
- The exact timetable can be found at “schedule and fees”.
- The following block will start in January 2021.
You can sign up via the contact form, email or SMS.
Full-day workshops 2019/20: “The wisdom from the Katha Upanishads”
Timeless philosophy as a support for the yoga practice and everyday life
Our daily lives are usually filled with so many activities and responsibilities, and our senses are bombarded almost all the time with so many different impressions. Therefore we are often preoccupied and very rarely find time or space to ask ourselves what really matters to us in life, what we want to spend our energy on and what is actually the source of our existence. But without being connected to this source, we find ourselves repeatedly in states of time pressure, stress, exhaustion or depression. A feeling of happiness may occur only occasionally for a short time and seems to be very fragile because it is dependent on external conditions that are variable and which we ourselves cannot usually influence. The philosophy of the Katha Upanishads shows us a completely different perspective. Our innermost essence is independent of all changing circumstances. Qualities like freedom, peace, joy and love are part of our being, and if we discover them within ourselves, we will be able to find them also in the changing outside world again.
The next dates:
10th of October 2020: The seeds of Samskaras
28th of November 2020: The symbol of the Ashvata tree
- All workshops take place in the studio ELEMENT, Opletalova 27 (in the courtyard), Prague 1, always from 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Morning and afternoon sessions will take 2.5 hours each and there will be a lunch break in between.
- Cost: 950.- Kč for an individual workshop, and 4250.- Kč for the whole package.
- Teachers: Katrin Köhler a Steffen Böhme. Steffen is an experienced yoga teacher from Dresden/Germany. He teaches mainly at the Yoga School in Dresden, also in yoga teacher training courses.
- Further information or registration via e-mail or SMS +420 603 360 554.
In the story of the Katha Upanishads the young hero Nachiketa travels, after a serious quarrel with his father, directly to the kingdom of death, to meet Yama, the king of death. Nachiketa wants him to answer his questions urgently regarding the sense of life and what exists after death. In a very beautiful and poetic dialogue, Yama answers and sheds light on all important existential questions. Each workshop will focus on one selected topic from the original text. We will work with various yoga asanas, pranayama, sensory perception and meditation to gain experiences that go further than just intellectual understanding. This process can support us on the yoga path, helping to develop a deeper understanding of ourselves and of others, so that we can feel more connected with the world we are living in, as it is.
All students are welcome, from beginners to more advanced. The class is taught in Czech and/or English, depending on the needs of the participants.
Weekend yoga workshops in the Habřiny rectory
12.–14. June or 18.-20. September 2020
This weekend is an opportunity to take a break in our usually very busy everyday lives and spend time just with ourselves. In the beautiful surroundings of the completely reconstructed Novotná family rectory in Habřina we will practice intensive yoga (in good weather there is also the possibility to practice outdoors). In this way we can experience yoga at a much deeper level than is possible in our weekly classes. We can also go for walks, swim, eat, relax or just be.
Our practice will include asanas, breathing exercises, pranayama and meditation, and with the support of these exercises we will explore how closely body, breath, and mind are connected and influence each other. In this way, we gain experiences, which can support us also when we are at home so that we do not get so lost in the turbulence of daily life, but can reconnect again with the inner source of our existence.
- Instructors: Katrin Köhler and Steffen Böhme. Steffen is an experienced yoga teacher from Dresden/Germany. He teaches mainly at the Yoga School in Dresden, also in yoga teacher training courses.
- The workshops will take place in the former Habřina rectory, Habřina 52, 411 45 Úštěk, www.farahaber.cz. The directions can be found on the website.
- Arrival: Fridays, from 17 h, Departure: Sundays, cca. 14 h
- 4x blocks of yoga teaching of 2.5 h: Friday 18:30–21:00 h, Saturday 9:30–12.00 and 17:30–20:00 h, Sunday 9:30–12.00
- Price: 2700,- Kč (for exercising and accommodation)
The meals are organized jointly by the group. All participants should arrange with us to bring something tasty for the vegetarian buffets.
Intensive summer week 2020 on the concept of the “Vayus”
Whenever we practice yoga, walk, talk or work, we need energy to be able to do that. Also all internal processes like digesting food, remembering, recognizing or feeling various emotions are only possible because there is energy available for it. In yoga, this energy is called “prana” and it regulates all living processes, not just within ourselves, but also in the outside world. Without prana no life is possible. In the human body, prana is divided into the five inner vayus (energy flows). Each of them fullfills separate functions and works in a different area of the body.
In this intensive course, we will explore these five vayus with the help of asanas, breathing exercises and meditation. In this way, we can directly experience their influence on us.
Each evening we will work with a different energy and observe how it affects our body, breathing and also our inner state. With the help of bandhas (closures) we can learn to stimulate or to calm and to direct the vayus. That will support us in finding more balance and harmony not just in our yoga practice on the mat, but also in our daily lives.
The class is taught in Czech and/or English, depending on the needs of the participants.
- Monday, 24.8. – Friday, 28.8. 2020, 19.00 – 21.30 h, Studio ELEMENT, Opletalova 27, Prague 1.
- Cost: 2100,- Kč